I'm totally head-over-heals, truly, madly, deeply, crazy in love. The best part is that he feels the same way and now we are getting married!! We couldn't be happier. Who would have thought my Prince is a 6'4 redhead from Castle Dale, Utah? It was a long journey to find each other but we finally did it!
He proposed in a canyon near Castle Dale by some petroglyphs in Buckhorn Wash. It was a cold day. He went out and grabbed subway on the way. When we got there we ate it in his truck looking at the pictures and talked about how we felt about each other. Then we went out along the path trying to find a good place to set his camera up to take a picture. I was getting pretty cold and was getting anxious to get back in the truck. I turned around and pointed to a spot I thought might be a good place and he asked me to hold something for him. I turned and found it was the ring. He said "I have to do this right" and he got down on his knee and said "Holly G Bates,....". My mind was in a blurr then and I barely remember what he said. I guess I went into shock. :) But I know there wasn't anything he said he doesn't say to me everyday.
My Jaren:
Jaren Ray Jorgensen is 30 years old (December baby like me!). He has 2 emotions. Happy and happier. He is so animated and always has a big smile on his face. Everyone loves him (me most of all). He grew up on his family ranch in Castle Dale where he helped his dad with the sheep/cows/hay. This is where he is the happiest. I don't blame him either because every time we go out there it is more and more like heaven to me.
He is such a hard worker! He starts work at 3am every morning (sometimes on Saturdays too) surveying and mapping out the coal mine. It makes me nervous he does that for a living, but he has assured me over and over again that its very safe and the air is just as clear down there as it is outside. He is usually down there for a couple of hours and then he's on the surface testing water for the environmentalists and making maps of their progress. His fourarms are 3x the size as mine because he hauls around heavy survey equipment everywhere he goes.
He loves the gospel! He served his mission in Tennessee and he's always saying how I'm just as sweet as cherry pie and he could eat me all up :) We talk about our testimonies to each other all the time. He loves the Lord very much. He reads his scriptures and says his prayers everyday. He is a really good example to me.
He loves family! He is the baby of 5 beautiful sisters and 1 brother. Between us, we have 10 sisters! I had the opportunity to go to dinner with all but 1 (missed Lori) this week. Everyone got along and we laughed so hard. I am so blessed to become a part of Jaren's family. His Mom and Dad are the sweetest couple. Jaren gets his sweet temperament from his dad. If there is any baby in the room you can be sure Ray will be holding him. Jaren's mom, Carolyn, is the city Treasurer for Castle Dale. She reminds me of how Mrs. Clause would be. Jolly, sweet, best cook ever! and giving. If Carolyn isn't in the kitchen cooking something yummy (Ray's usually reading the Ensign at the table), they are helping at the local cannery.
I have been so blessed. I have finally found the love of my life and can't wait to spend eternity with him. Our date is set for August 21st, 2010. Although, it seems like an eternity from now, I'm hoping it will go by fast.
4 comments:
So glad that you blogged. :) Yay! That was so fun to read. Congratulations. I am so happy for you.
Yay! I am so excited for you 2! I am so glad you are blogging again also!
Congrats!
yeah keep up this blogging. i like this idea. congrats!! again.. ha i am so excited for you!!
I couldn't be more thrilled. You guys are cute together.
Post a Comment