The question everyone asks me since I've moved to Castle Dale is: How are you adjusting to everything now that you're in a small town?
I love it. I love living here. I'm rarely bored and I always have visitors. The people in CD are so friendly and sweet. This is the kind of town people come to go to on vacation and get away from it all; the traffic, the noise, the lights. Its calm and easy. Don't get me wrong, I have my moments, but its not like sitting in traffic forever because construction has taken up all but one lane on the highway.
I started a list of "you know you're in the country when...". It started to become a game to me and Jaren.
You know you're in the country when:
1. I think I hear Jaren's cell phone go off, but its really the donkey freaking out across the street.
2. You want to go out to dinner, but only have two choices, R Pizza and Big Mammas.
3.When you're on your way to work and you run into 50+ herd of Elk, Deer or Antelope. The cows are usually locked up but these creatures roam anywhere they want. J and I usually stop and watch the herd of Elk on our way home from work. They are pretty cool.
Yes, we drive to work together. Jaren got a new job working 5 minutes up the Huntington canyon from me at a company called Rhino. He is their environmental engineer, surveyor and drafter. I officially moved down here in October and took a job at the Huntington Power Plant as their General Clerk, doing payroll and accounts payable. We both work from 7am to 3:30pm which is really nice.
Right now we live in a small 2 bedroom apartment in Castle Dale. Since we don't eat out very much I have to learn how to cook. Its a challenge but it makes it more fun to be a wife. I used to play house all the time, now I get to actually do it! J says I can make a great fajita. At first he didn't think I was that good and he even admitted to going through the garbage to see if it was a ready made dinner!
Jaren is an awesome husband. He is so sweet and spoils me like crazy. Since it takes me a while to get ready in the morning, he starts the car to get it warmed up and makes me breakfast. He always turns the temperature up in the house so I am comfortable. He is to protective too. He won't let me drive in the snow and puts his hand out to block me from crossing the street. He likes to go first and pushes me back so he can be closest to car. Sometimes I can get really mad at him for doing it because I've been independent for so long, but I secretly love it.
This spring we are building a house down the street and are really excited about it. Jaren and his brother have been spending their free time taking down the trees and cleaning up the area so we can get ready to build. Its really nice to have his family nearby. Patricia's husband, Erik has been so nice in helping us design the house. He is the architect for Salsbury Homes.
In church Jaren is the Young Men's secretary and loves to play basketball with the boys. I teach primary for the 6-7 year-old's. They are so sweet. I just got a new class of mostly girls and they are so obedient and reverent!
Last week, I was approved to be on Castle Dale's City Planning and Zoning Committee. I think this will help me be involved in the community more and make more friends. I think of my family often. My sisters seem to be spread all over the place now and I hope we will be together again soon.
Come visit us anytime and if you ever want to go 4-wheeling! Just last Saturday Jaren and I hooked up our tube to the 4-wheeler and took Jenzen and Clayton out and about on the farm. We had so much fun!
3 comments:
I love that you love CD! I want to come back and go four-wheeling! I miss you keep up the blogging!
you blog?? this is GREAT news. I loved this post. my favorite is when you thought your cell phone rang and it was a donkey..bhahahaha. can't wait to come down and see you guys!
Hey woman! Congrats on the house plans and the planning committee!! That's awesome!!! I need come see you before gas is a million dollars per gallon!!
Post a Comment